Today, Magento is billed as the best platform for the e-commerce sites all over the world. However, it is an open source technology that offers many advantages to shoppers as well as the companies that require an e-commerce platform. As such, the need for the Magento development is ever increasing with the increase in business activities in the virtual space. However, Magento offers many stuff that are bespoke to the needs of an online business such as the flexible shopping cart, functions of the online stores, and content as well as the look control.
Magento is available in two distinct versions – community version and enterprise version. While the community version is free and available as the open source technology, the enterprise version is chargeable. Therefore, the gamut of services here may range from developing website on Magento and its upgrade, Magento migration, Magento support and maintenance etc. to name a few here. Hence, it has now become an imperative on you to choose the right partner for the purpose.
Steps to follow on the selection of a Magento development agency:
- Knowing the Magento developers in a market: Irrespective of where you are, you must know all the companies that offer to develop Magento platform for your business. This will help you get a concrete idea on the number of players in your niche market and at the same time, it will help you get an instant information and update on the best developers in your niche market. Ask people from your own family as well as the friends and colleagues on the Magento development service provider. Also, use online sources such as Google with a view to finding out the requisite information on this.
- Listing of the developers: Once you have a complete knowledge about the developers that offer Magento platforms for the e-commerce sites, you must prepare a comprehensive list of all those developers operating in your niche market.
- Clientele: Now, check the clientele of those developers. This will essentially tell you many things about the developers. For instance, taking a look at the clientele of a developer, you can perceive its service standard along with its commitment to the quality.
- Feedback: Check the feedback on each developer. Testimonials work as a good source in this case.
- Rating: Use search engines like Google and Bing for the ratings. Simultaneously, check on the review sites like Trustpilot and Yelp for the rating on individual developers in your list.
- Fee structure: Check the fee structure of the top three developers. After all, you have to work within your budget and find a solution here.
- Customer service: You must also check the standard of response from the customer service department as you too may need its support on an ongoing basis. A good customer service department can, therefore, be a real challenge for the developers to succeed in a business.
In short, the scope of work for the Magento development partner is huge. Choose your partner with the utmost care and sincerity that, in turn, will help you reap the rich dividends in the business.